Discussion Details
Topic Name: Beta testing of Reason 8 has started
Artist:  Poohbear
Previous project Previous discussion  | Next project Next discussion

Previous project Return to Propellerhead Reason Discussion Previous project Return to Discussion

Reply  [ 4 comments ] 
Comments
Artist Comment
 Comment Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 
Comments: 149
National Flag: United Kingdom

Reason Version: 7
Interface: Creative X-fi pro
Controller: Nektar P4
Currently Beta testing Reason 8.

First impression, very resource hungry, poor colour (or color ;) ) layout, to look at OOOOooo looks nice but to work with... oh no...

like the way the browser stuff works..

Picked up all my RE's, without me having to do anything..

Liking it so far (just the color issue needs to be worked on)

Carly

RE: ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, Antidote, Parsec, PredatorRE, PX7, Quad, Radical Keys\Piano, ReDominator, Synchronous

Comment Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 
Comments: 171
National Flag: United States of America

Reason Version: 9.5
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Controller: Axiom Pro 61
Did you just get invited? There has been a lot of people saying they never received the email and did not know to look in forum. I knew to look and still started testing way later than others. I noticed props finally sent an email to all beta testers letting them know to look for download link in forums.

I kind of had mixed feelings about 8 but I guess it is growing on me.

1) I much prefer 7 GUI hands down. I think traditional hardware look is just more fitting. I really do not mind the grey colors with 8 but I hate the look of transport and tracks. Would be really cool if they would make transport like Reason 4 but more updated ya know. Just my opinion.

2) I do LOVE the new browser!! Some are complaining about losing the audition feature when that was never actually a Reason feature. More so just the way the files were handled. A couple work arounds are to duplicate the track and device so you can easily go back to the original patch or simply Ctrl Z after selecting/auditioning each new patch.

3) I also love the ability to double click a heading to maximize the Browser, Mixer, Rack and Sequencer.

4) I do not like the fact that the browser is attached to the sequencer screen only. I work with multiple displays and it is not the most ideal thing for the drag & drop feature when rack is detached on different screen. It would be nice to have the ability to tie the browser to Mixer or Rack. Mainly the Rack. Or a floating browser.

5) I like the small but new sequencer editing improvements.

6) From what I understand all betas are more resource hungry.

I have to say I will be upgrading regardless of the few negative points I made. I trust the changes that are being made and stand behind PH 100%. I think it is a great company and I plan to still be using Reason when I'm old and grey. Ya know like Reason 32 or something. :lol:

Image . Image
For an Optimal Listening Experience just put your headphones on and crank the shit up!

Comment Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 
Comments: 149
National Flag: United Kingdom

Reason Version: 7
Interface: Creative X-fi pro
Controller: Nektar P4
I did only get the email last week however I did not have chance to look it until Friday..

At the moment I think there is not enough reason to justify the upgrade..

I understand that Beta's are slightly more resource hungry or slower however there are number of songs I can play (on my laptop) without issues in 7 but no way in 8..

I'm surprised that Reason does not have the ability to change the screen colors etc on the fly, just remembering all the different shells for Rebirth...

Carly

RE: ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, Antidote, Parsec, PredatorRE, PX7, Quad, Radical Keys\Piano, ReDominator, Synchronous

Comment Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 
Comments: 171
National Flag: United States of America

Reason Version: 9.5
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Controller: Axiom Pro 61
Well you still have a little time to not like it so much. :lol:

A whole lot of people feel there is not enough reason to justify the upgrade and you really can't blame them!

I was experiencing this with my laptop when 7 came out. So happy I upgraded. Still use my laptop for personal stuff when I work weekends so it was not a loss.

I agree man. I just feel this upgrade needs more time (a lot more). I know they are reading everything but who knows what they actually will and will not do to satisfy as many as possible.

Image . Image
For an Optimal Listening Experience just put your headphones on and crank the shit up!

Display comments from previous:  Sort by  

Reply  [ 4 comments ] 

Previous project Return to Propellerhead Reason Discussion Previous project Return to Discussion

Who's Collaborating
Who's Collaborating

Artists browsing this: No registered artists and 1 guest

Home » View - Beta testing of Reason 8 has started

You cannot submit new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your comments in this forum
You cannot delete your comments in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: