Previous project Return to Ideas to Improve ReasonTracks.com Previous project Return to Discussion

Reply  [ 5 comments ] 
Comments
Artist Comment
 Comment Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 
Comments: 173
National Flag: United States of America

Reason Version: 10
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Controller: Axiom Pro 61
I now have Reason 7 & 8 installed so I'll probably be flip flopping between versions or use 8 only and start posting patches and midi files.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the version issue?

Peace

Image . Image
For an Optimal Listening Experience just put your headphones on and crank the shit up!

Comment Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 
Comments: 151
National Flag: United Kingdom

Reason Version: 7
Interface: Creative X-fi pro
Controller: Nektar P4
I think it's so bad of Propellerhead not to save as older version...

As I said in another post I was able to have 7 and 8 opened up at the same time (different machines but TS'ed into one) and copy/pasted between the two however not everything was moved (i.e. some mix channels if they are the output bus of other channels and the master FX, inserts)

Maybe when someone adds an "Open" project they state what version it should be worked in ?
All getting a little messy but it may work..

Carly

RE: ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, Antidote, Parsec, PredatorRE, PX7, Quad, Radical Keys\Piano, ReDominator, Synchronous

Comment Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 

I agree.

I added Reason version: 7 & 8 to user profile option. I changed mine to at least let others know that I can collaborate in either version. I'm sure not everyone looks at that on the left under avatar when reading post but it is there so all will know what version of Reason the artist is running.

I plan to state what version I used to make the track. I still have not started a new track using 8 and I feel like it is wasted money if I don't use it. It will work out but it will not be as easy as posting the .reason file and collaborating. Not sure how many members have versions prior to 7 but it is no different for them.

Image . Image
For an Optimal Listening Experience just put your headphones on and crank the shit up!

Comment Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 
Comments: 151
National Flag: United Kingdom

Reason Version: 7
Interface: Creative X-fi pro
Controller: Nektar P4
Ideally it would be nice if people uploaded the file with the version number i.e. Repeater7v1.0.reason

But I know that I'm lazy doing that sort of thing and if I'm lazy then other people out there will be too.
So my thought is when we select a file to upload can the file be stored \ changed on the server end.
i.e. I select my file to upload and at that stage I can say what the stored name will be.
so the add file dialog looks like example c:\reason\data\repeater.reason
Then there is a another dialog below it that has the file name repeater.reason which we can change say to add
Repeater7v1.0.reason..
Jus a though..

(Oh yeah the reason I would like to the Reason version number is you could easily download a version 7 and open it in 8 without even thinking, so with the Reason version number one would hope you would think about it more)

Carly

RE: ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, Antidote, Parsec, PredatorRE, PX7, Quad, Radical Keys\Piano, ReDominator, Synchronous

Comment Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 

Agreed Repeater7v1.0.reason would be nice but I would be guilty of not doing it also.

Great idea and make it a requirement. I'm sure this can be accomplished with PHP but will require some time and digging. phpBB already renames the file when it stores it to prevent duplicate file name issues. i.e. this is what the file name looks like on the server 2_73a3ee0d71e3c10fe9e8cde0e22a2e4f. It stores the actual file name in the database.

Or make it a requirement that any .reason file name must contain v7 or v8 etc. at the point of uploading.

i.e the php code in simple form

Code: [Select all]
      if .reason file upload name does not contain V5, V6, V6.5, V7, V8;
             echo: Error Message: File name must contain the following V5, V6, V6.5, V7, V8;

else: If it does then upload as normal

I'll try to look into this.

In the mean time it really would not hurt to start either adding it to the file name or at the beginning of the post containing the .reason file and or in the file comment section. The more the better I guess.

I will try to remember to ask what version if not stated, along with if any RE's and paid Refills are used. The Reason Version is listed to left under avatar could be wrong. Yes it is required when registering but one can easily forget to update after upgrading.

Attachment:
version.png

These are key things that all should ask prior to collaborating. Yes it would be nice to simply exchange .reason files and start having fun but we both know that is not possible all the time. Some mixer channels will have to be bounced etc.

May be I should also create a how to collaborate section in the FAQ

It's getting late and I'm rambling on here.

to be continued

Peace

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this comment.

Image . Image

Display comments from previous:  Sort by  

Reply  [ 5 comments ] 

Previous project Return to Ideas to Improve ReasonTracks.com Previous project Return to Discussion

Who's Collaborating
Who's Collaborating

Artists browsing this: No registered artists and 1 guest

Home » View - Collaborating With Different Reason Versions

You cannot submit new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your comments in this forum
You cannot delete your comments in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: